First up we have some glitter frames at least that is what I call them. More accurately they are framed glitter letters. Ever since I saw this post over at eighteen25 I have wanted to make some. If you remember I don't like to decorate for holidays. . . I prefer seasonal decorations.
For winter I went with BRR. Here's my process:
- Purchased dollar store frames (I don't recommend this they are real flimsy and don't all sit the same. I hope to purchase some better ones from Wally World soon.)
- Purchased the letters and white craft paint at Hobby Lobby. (Both items were on sale for $.99 each.)
- Found some snowflake paper and iridescent glitter in my stash.
- Painted the letters.
- Cut the paper to size and placed it in the frames in front of the glass while the paint dried.
- "Painted" the letters (one at a time) with glue.
- Sprinkled the glitter very generously over the letters.
- Pressed down on the glitter to help it adhere to the letters.
- Dumped the extra glitter off.
- Adhered the letters to the paper.
- Then had the thought that I should spray them with a clear coat to keep the glitter from falling off. (Too little too late.)
Yet another example of Sparky's Crappy Photos!